Sunday, October 24, 2010

Emotion Quickie

So... hey all!

This is my first entry, so I thought I'd explain what's going up here.  Basically, I have a Deviantart account, but on my account I only upload my top-notch, commonly themed illustration pieces.  For some time, I've wanted somewhere to post my other work (sketches, graphic design, homework related pieces), and I figured a blog may be the place to do it.

I have the tendency to be perfectionistic.  Thus, by posting all my work, I hope to break out of my box and grow as an artist.  I appreciate comments and critiques, as well as suggestions for other artists pages (especially on blogger, since I'd like to follow graphic design or illustration related blogs).

This being said, I might as well upload my first piece.  Last night, I bought an awesome book from Borders (with a discount, to be sure).  Here's a link to the book.  It's basically a compilation of peoples "emotional portraits."  I don't like working from pictures because I feel like people assume the credit isn't all mine.  Haha, I like to take credit for my work.  This being said, I don't have a variety of models on hand, and I need some practice.  The photos are all black and white, so the colors at least are completely my own.  It probably took me between an hour and an hour and a half total.  Somehow, it reminds me of Jessie Ventura.

No comments:

Post a Comment